District Probation Office
District Probation Office, Haridwar
Head of department: Shri Deepraj Agnihotri (District Probation Officer)
Phone No: 01334–239495 , Mobile No: 9410594697
ABOUT DEPARTMENT: Under the control of Uttarakhand Govt. Social Welfare Department, women welfare are run as probation sector.
- Subsidy Grant to Widows- A dependent widow less than 60 years of age living below the poverty line or whose monthly income is Rs 4000 /- and no son is more than 20 years old, then it is also below the poverty line. It is a provision to give 1000 rupees per month to the state as widow pension. Total 19292 widow pensioners have been benefited by the expenditure of rupees 2055.95 lakh in the financial year 2017-18 under the scheme.
- Award to the couple on Marrying a Widow- In case of non-income tax on the widow marriage less than 35 years, there is a provision to give a sum of 11,000 / – thousand rupees to the couple by the government. In the financial year 2017-18, the total amount of Rupees 0.22 lakh was spent on the total amount of 02 couples benefitted.
- Grant to Abandoned Married Women- Such abandoned married Woman who is living below the poverty line or whose annual income is Rs.1576 /- in rural areas and Rs.20206 / – in urban areas, Rs.1000 / – per month as abandoned pension Provision is to be given. Under the scheme, 155 abandoned pensioners have been benefited by spending Rs 16.81 lakh in the financial year 2017-18.
- Grant for the Marriage of daughters of Abandoned Married Women- There is a provision to grant of 50000 / – for the marriage of the daughter of such abandoned woman. No form has been received for the financial year 2017-18 under the scheme.
- Scholarships to students of General caste- Those students of general caste who are living below the poverty line or whose annual income is Rs.1576 /- in rural areas and Rs.20206 /- in Urban areas, by the Government as an abandoned pension of Rs.190 /-. There is a provision to pay rupees per month. No form has been received for the financial year 2017-18 under the scheme.
WEEKLY ACTIVITY: The received applications of schemes operated by the office are listed. The applications of widow pension are done online after acceptance.
For Details Please Visit